Saturday, July 24, 2004

 

Two forgotten albums

Sorted my records today for the first time
in over a year. A truly Nick Hornbyish experience.
I found two remarkably great records that I
have had in possession for some time,
but never quite understood before:

1) Art rock/Singer-songwriter Phoebe Snow
seems to have passed most people by. Sad, since her 1974
self titled record have amazing qualities.
Listen to "Poetry Man" or "I don't want the night to end"
for example. Fans of - for example - Joni Mitchell 
will not be disapointed.

2) The Doobie Brothers might not
have been the coolest band i the 70's,
but their 1973 record "The Captain and me"
can be recommended to everyone interested in
truly american rock music.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?